Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Week 6, Part III







Ryan Schude is a self-proclaimed advertising, fine art and editorial photographer. Though the LA based photographer is quite young, certain images of his remind me of Gregory Crewdson’s work. However, where Crewdon’s photographs give a serious, creepy mood, Schude’s photos are more lighthearted and silly. I would go as far as saying that he is poking fun at Crewdon and/or other photographers who take their work to seriously. It’s always good to laugh at ourselves every once and a while. Regardless, I think Schude’s photos are very elaborate and interesting. I find myself staring because there is just so much going on in one image. Even though the photos are chaotic and sometimes crowded, they’re never overwhelming. He does a great job keeping the composition flowing and controlled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment