Monday, January 9, 2012

Humorous Photography- Alyssa



The came across Judy Olausen's photographic book Mother, literally an hour before I had to go to the airport to come back to RIT from break. I spent a solid 10 minutes laughing out loud as I looked through it, so I decided to buy it. Looking more in depth at her work, I really appreciate her use of humor in the photos. Which lead me to wonder what makes a picture laughable, and how to achieve funny photo. So I looked through the internet and I came across several articles compiling supposedly funny photos.

http://pixeltango.com/inspiration/photography/best-of-humorous-art-photography/

This article shows a wide range of techniques with humor in photography. Some are funny purely because of the image, while others are made by the text that is put with them. Some are highly contrived and others are candid. Lesson learned? There are a lot of way to find (and make) humor in photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment