Thursday, January 26, 2012

Mark Seliger-Keith








Since the current assignment is duplicating Hollywood Portraits, I thought I would introduce some more contemporary ones. The photographer I choose for this task, is Mark Seliger. Seliger has served as Rolling Stone's chief photographer from 1992 to 2002, and his work has been on the cover at least 100 times. Looking at these images, a few of them are iconic and timeless, such as the portrait of Kurt Cobain which was published immediately after his untimely death. Seliger puts thoughtful consideration into each frame, his lighting is beautiful, and he is so good at producing quality B&W imagery, which explains why most of his images are in B&W. I find his work extremely inspiring especially prior to this particular assignment, and I am sure I won't be the only one.

No comments:

Post a Comment