Saturday, January 28, 2012

Emily Barresi by kelly






I was thinking about how I am extremely inspired and impressed with my class mates work. Even though it is important to look at who is successful today in the photography world, I am also interesting in looking at what will be. I have learned a lot from everyone in class. One, Emily B is absolutely wonderful and I've been drawn to her work since the beginning.
I stole these images via screen shot off her flickr. (yes ugh flickr.. and hope you're not mad Em!) As I was flipping through her work, even work prior to RIT, and I was very awe-inspired. I admire her use of composition, her eye for creating nostalgia, and the way her images are always creative. Another thing I notice about Emily is how relaxed she is when shooting. I sometimes I feel very anxious and notice myself not paying attention or making sure I remember to enjoy the actually shooting. I am very excited to know her in when we are older and she is still doing amazing things. One of my favorite quotes reminds me of this idea of learning from each other and its from Elizabeth Gilberts novel "Eat, Pray, Love."

".. if you accept everyone you meet along the way as a teacher and if you are prepared, most of all, to face and forgive some very difficult realities about yourself, then the truth will not be withheld from you."

Also check out her awesome stop motion video:

No comments:

Post a Comment