Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Dali-Keith














So if you haven't figured it out yet, I am fan of surrealist and psychedelic art, to say the least. Looking back at the previous posts of the blog, I am really surprised that no one has talked about Salvador Dali. So now that its Week 10, I got dibs. The Spanish painter produced work from 1910- to 1983. He in my opinion is one of the most prolific and influential artists of the twentieth century. I wanted to show some work you might not have seen of Dali, everyone knows The Persistence of Memory, the painting of the melting clocks. But Dali was one of those artists who produced an especially large, and exquisite body of work. Dali was also a photographer, but his painting is what everyone remembers him for. All of the photos are of Dali's work, except for the one color image, which is a picture of him in 1972, near the end of his life.

No comments:

Post a Comment