Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Watch "Watch Street Style Photographers in Action" at New York Magazine

Watch "Watch Street Style Photographers in Action" at New York Magazine

I found this video on street photographers. I thought that people who are interested in fashion photography like me, may find this interesting.

This video brought on a new idea of paparazzi photography for me. Instead of trying to capture a scandalous photograph of Kim Kardashian to sell to US Weekly, these photographers have brought portraiture and respectful photography into the streets. They have turned the streets into a catwalk or a studio and I really love that idea. There’s a certain amount of bravery and uniqueness in addition to spontaneity in this type of photography that I really appreciate. The photographers attempt to capture a moment as well as intimacy between themselves and the subject walking by is somewhat like a combination of fashion photography and photojournalistic photography.

“You have four or five frames to create intimacy with that person.”

“It sounds strange but it really is portraiture…but in four frames.”

No comments:

Post a Comment